January 29th, 2009
Clint Danks from ThinkSEM found something pretty slick. Turns out one of his Google AdWords clients has the new interface option that Google first mentioned a couple months ago. Some initial thoughts:
They sure make it easy to view.
Updated AdWords Interface
When looking at the dashboard, both Clint and I said something like “it looks a lot like the Google Analytics dashboard”.
Looks Like GA?
The top tab looks similar to the old tabs, just designed a bit differently with a “billings” tab added.
One interesting thing we noticed was that Clint has many clients in his AdWords account and only one of them has the option to view the new interface. On the new interface, everything else still seems to run the same.
Looks like Google has some new info on all of this as well.
Have any of you seen this, and if so do you have anything to ad?
:: :: ::
January 8th, 2009
The power of Twitter and social media. Luckily, it sounds like a minor earthquake.
I just received a Tweet from a new connect @hannah_grenade regarding a small earthquake in So Cal. Only a few minutes later, over 2800 and growing Twitter users have sent out a Tweet about it.
CNN is fast, although here is their current headline:
Talk about fast. It’s 10:22 (8:22 PST) and CNN has now mentioned it. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen connections from Twitter come out with news before the mainstream media.
:: :: ::
January 1st, 2009
First, it’s now 2009 and Happy New Years to all! I hope your New Years parties and activities were fun and safe!
It’s now time for new resolutions. Definitely share yours as I’d love to see them. Here are some I hope to accomplish, both professionally and personally:
1) Write more Search Engine Guide posts. I don’t write enough for them and it’s an opportunity that’s not taken for granted.
2) New site redesign. It’s overdue and localmn.com needs to be streamlined and more integrated with social media. Plans have already been made. I’m excited!
3) Finish an inline skate marathon in under two hours. In the last 2-1/2 years, I’ve completed nine of these. Some have been local (St. Paul, Duluth) and some I’ve traveled to (Chicago, Houston). Finishing times have consistently ranged from 2h-12m to 2h-21m. Time to step it up.
4) Become a better public speaker. It’s not my forte and will probably be thrown to the lions from the bro-sis project. (more to come soon on that)
5) Get in better physical shape. See #3.
6) Travel for pleasure to somewhere other than Washington State. I always seem to go there. Any suggestions?
These are a few goals on this end for 2009. How about yours? I’d love to hear them, and once again, Happy New Year!
:: :: ::